• Kimberly Jacoby

Passport Information for the Destination Wedding Couple

Passport information can be a little confusing for busy couples planning their destination wedding. One of the biggest questions asked is, " "Should I get a passport in my married name or maiden name?" and “How Do I go about it?” I answer those questions below, as well as give you tips on obtaining your passports with ease.

Many couples put off obtaining their passport till the last minute, which could have some pricey consequences. A little early planning will prevent you from paying expedited fees, overnight postage, or even paying a courier to hand deliver your documents. Below is some information you'll need to start the process worry free.

When will I need a passport? Anytime you travel internationally you should have a passport, as it is required for air travel. For cruises, it is not always required in some cases, but it is always recommended.

How do you get a passport? You must complete an application that can also be downloaded online. You can find out more about the proof of identification and requirements at http://travel.state.gov

How much does a passport cost? Currently, with processing fees you are looking at: $110.00, plus an execution fee of $35, and any extra fees if you need it expedited. A passport is a great bargain considering it